Can you believe that 2020 will be over in 16 days? Despite being my (and probably everyone) worst year, I read way more compared to the previous years and discovered lots of great books, so there’s that. Anyway, before we dive into my Winter TBR list, let’s take a look at my Fall TBR and see how well I stick to my own list :
In Fall, I planned to read these books :
1. The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang ✔️
2. Jade City by Fonda Lee ✔️
3. Jade War by Fonda Lee ❌
4. Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco ✔️
5. These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong ✔️
6. Loveless by Alice Oseman ❌
7. The Burning God by R.F. Kuang ✔️
Considering I usually only read like, 2 books from my list, 5 out of 7 books is my best record so far!
Winter 2020 TBR
1. The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
I’m going to read this one as soon as I finish my current read. I’ve heard lots of GREAT things about it and I’m really excited to read it.
2. Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
Another book that I’m excited to read! Lots of my friends have read it and they’re all agree that this book is amazing.
3. The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I’m interested with this book since the plot sort of reminds me of Knives Out. Finger-crossed that this one doesn’t disappoint me (since unfortunately, YA mystery books often did).
4. You Have a Match by Emma Lord
I read Emma Lord’s debut, Tweet Cute, earlier this year and it was really fun! I can’t wait to read her second book, since it sounds good.
5. The Project by Courtney Summers
I’ve never actually read any of Courtney Summers’s books, but I’ve heard fantastic things about it. I luckily got an ARC of this so I’ll pick it up over the winter.
6. The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna
The Gilded Ones is a West-African inspired fantasy book, and I’m very excited to dive into it.
7. The Library of the Unwritten by A.J. Hackwith
I just bought this one as part of my graduation gifts and it seems fantastic. It tells the story of a library filled with unwritten things–aka books that authors start but never finished.
8-10. Caraval, Legendary, and Finale by Stephanie Garber
I’ve been planning to read this series since like, summer, but never got into it. I actually have read the first book a couple of years ago and remember loving it, but I never continued it. Hopefully by the end of Winter, I’d have finished it.